Re: [Tigers] More cubes for Tiger

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] More cubes for Tiger
From: "RObin Young" <robin02@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:25:55 -0500
        Mk II heads are the C6OE-M casting; this head has an extra lobe of
material at the exhaust ports that could be machined for the air injectors.
The Mk II heads have the lobe but are not machined and these heads would
have press in studs.   This is not the same head casting used on the HiPo
engine.

The 1966 HiPo heads were the same as the 1965 model; they have none of the
above extra material at the exhaust ports.

Ron Fraser

Ron,  I ported my old heads using the gasket as a template and removed the
lob you mentioned.  I was told Ford cast it that way as a way to further
vaporize fuel since Fuel Injection was not yet common.  Two questions for
you?  Is this a plausible reason?  Could it be an early performance
enhancement?  Robin Young