Re: [Tigers] MK1a Originality question

To: "'J D Johnson'" <j_d_johnson@earthlink.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] MK1a Originality question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 11:19:15 -0500
JD
        Interesting picture.

        One reason for changing the thermostat housing has to do with the
combination of parts.  Ford moved the thermostat pocket from the intake
manifold to the thermostat housing about Feb/March 1965 time frame.   You
need to have the correct combination of parts here so depending on when the
intake manifold was cast you might need a new thermostat housing.

Back to the interesting picture; it show a heater core delete hose from the
intake manifold elbow to the water pump.

Rootes does list a heater core delete in the Parts List but this is not what
is described.

Does anyone have a picture of an original Rootes heater core delete option?

Ron Fraser