Re: [Tigers] garage floor coatings

To: "drmayf@mayfco.com" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] garage floor coatings
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 12:25:42 -0500
We have an in-floor-heated slab in our garage floor. I coated the last bay,
about 350 sq.ft. worth, in Behr 2-part floor epoxy, when the floor was new -
that took about two gallons worth. Five years on, it's staying on there really
well. IIRC the slab has poly underlay and between that and the heating we
don't get any significant moisture on the floor even in the uncoated part of
the floor. The floor does get all kinds of snow and gunk dropped on it from
our daily drivers, but that seems to dissipate over a period of a day or two,
typically.

Cheers,
Theo