Re: [Tigers] driving lights

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] driving lights
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 05:26:53 +0000 (UTC)
Michael, your storehouse of knowledge is vastly greater than I could ever hope
to have.B B  As I wish to emphasize, I am more than content to follow the
guidance you give based on the knowledge you take the time to share.B B

I just thought it interesting that there are also some potentially creditable
sources of information, like the factory workshop manual, and potentially the
old CAT Shop Notes, that had alternative information.

Based on the additional detail you have provided, I think I can reconcile the
factory manual information.B B  The pictorial mentioned shows a short shifter
in it.B  That would suggest that it is indeed an early Tiger I drawing and
hence the location of auxiliary light switch as you described as appropriate
for that early version.B  It also explains the single switch in the wiring
diagram showing one switch controlling two lights.B  Your description of the
heater on-off switch for that model is also consistent with there being no
separately shown blower switch location.B B  Obviously the factory did not up
date this drawing for their their 1967 First Reissue.B B

As for the CAT information, I am guessing that most likely it reflects what
was being made available as dealer installed options in the US.B  In fact,
there is reference to checking with dealer regarding the Quartz Iodine or
Quartz Halogen nature of some of the lights listed.

Regards,

Gene

B ----- Original Message -----