Re: [Tigers] driving lights

To: "michael king" <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, <genepadgett@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] driving lights
From: "bob webb" <bobjeanbeams@roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 07:17:12 -0400
again michael comes up with rootes info. you have to decide whether you want
period correct or factory correct. in the sixties and seventies there was
really very little use of factory items.that could be the reason for the
rarity of them today. we could not afford the dealer price. thru one of the
larger aftermarket dealers you could buy brands such as marchal,hella,cibie
and lucas. there were round and rectangular shaped lights. i have a pair of
rectangular hellas that set inside the grill opening of my alpine for many
years. of course that's not a good idea on a tiger. a marchal standard lamp
cost 12.95, a quartz iodine cost 18.95. cibie sold one for 25.50 that they
said had a range of 3/4 of a mile. they also sold lucas PL-700 headlights
for 24.50 per pair. the number of switch panels that was being sold was
massive since all of the above sold them. they may have all been made by a
few manufacturers. i have a pair of 7" lumax that look massive on the front
of a beam. i also have an aftermarket switch panel that is identical to the
rootes panel.again it's all a matter of factory correct or period
correct.the principal is the same.