Re: [Tigers] Radiator header tank question

To: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Radiator header tank question
From: <jrv309@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 16:40:27 -0700
        Hello All;  Don't worry about the thing in the tank. think about the
radiator.  Today, Marlene and I were caught up in a 6 mile long,  yes 6 mile
long traffic jam, trying to cross from Washington State to Astoria on the
bridge over the Columbia River..  The temperature was about 80 and the Tiger
started to over heat.  There was no place to pull off or pass to get the air
flowing thru the radiator.  Temp gauge went to 250/260, not sure since the
gauge  only reads to 230.  We were stuck for the better part of an hour and
guess what, big smell, no puke and after all that time the time went down,
were able to re-establish the air flow.  Got it home and water level was
down just a touch and the oil looks good.  If you have ever wondered about
how good "Dales" radiators are, this was the proof in the pudding.  By the
way the radiator was installed in 1999.  GOOD JOB Dale!!  Jerry, Marlene and
the critters