Re: [Tigers] Radiator header tank question

To: <Carmods@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Radiator header tank question
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 11:53:43 -0400
John
        I second that and it is an easy installation.   I installed a
coolant overflow bottle many years ago.   The bottle is just a second
Sunbeam windshield washer bottle mounted and squeezed into the left front
corner in front of the header tank.   I did not change the stock cap on the
header tank and it has work just fine for the past 20 years.   The coolant
comes out when hot and is sucked back in as the system cools down.  Maybe I
was lucky with that cap, many have said it would not work correctly with the
stock style cap.

        The reason I installed the recover bottle;  I was driving an event
at Watkins Glen, in a right hand turn the coolant blow out onto the left
front tire creating massive understeer.   Fortunately this was also an up
hill turn so my speed quickly dropped and tire traction returned.   I did
not put a tire off track but my next stop was the Pit area for the rest of
the afternoon.  The following year it was mandatory for all vehicle to have
a catch can at this driving event.  Safety first and always.

Ron Fraser