Re: [Tigers] Extending driving range

To: "'Allan Ballard'" <allanballard@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Extending driving range
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2011 08:34:51 -0400
Allan
        I believe there is a meter rod tune up kit for the Edelbrock carb.

A smaller carb would probably give better mpg as will tire pressure and
checking for any brake drag at all 4 wheels.

The distributor is another place to look for mpg.  You need to know what the
advance curve is doing especially the vacuum advance part because that is
the economy side.  If you don't have vacuum advance; you need it for mpg.

        I believe there are several web site that locate fuel stations in
any area so you want that handy before venturing into remote areas.   I know
what you mean about that too.  I was driving south of the Yellowstone
National Park area when I needed some gas.   The first station I drove into
just had a power failure so no gas available.  I drove on to find another
station with the fuel needle bouncing on not much left and did fuel up.   To
close for comfort or peace of mind.

        I also do not recommend you drive through Park areas after dark.
There are few street lights, few signs to give directions and in my case I
drove by a set of glowing eyes in the dark that looked like they were 6 feet
above my car; Moose eyes I think.

Ron Fraser