Re: [Tigers] Extending driving range

To: "'Allan Ballard'" <allanballard@att.net>, "'Tiger Talk List Tiger'"
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Extending driving range
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 19:41:57 -0400
Allan
        Tiger Tom added an early Alpine gas tank to the fuel system on his
tow Tiger.  Everything filled from the stock filler.  I'm not sure how much
fuel capacity that added but I think its around 10 gallons.   If you add a
tank you should plump it into the fuel system somehow.   A spare container
knocking around the trunk area is not safe IMO.
        I helped a friend do this on a big Mercury many years ago.  I had a
fuel tank and filler tube from a 71 Datsun 510 and we fabricated a mount to
secure it in the trunk.  He bought an electric fitting to plump the 2 tanks
together.   When the engine started to sputter and stall; hit the switch and
tank #2 fed the engine.

        The best way to extend your range is to get the most mpg per gallon
you can get.  If you have a stock 260 you should be able to get 22 or more
mpg.   There are many factors to get better mpg; a good tune up is one but
fuel quality is one of the biggest as you cross through the states.

Ron Fraser