[Tigers] Bumper installation

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Bumper installation
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:45:40 -0400 (EDT)
Hello,

Last night, Tod Brown and  went over the fixing bolts for the bumpers.  A
couple of issues/questions arose.

1) the bumper to chassis fixing bolts for the rear are listed as  1/2" X 1
3/4 UNF. For the front it lists a
 screw (?) of 1/2" X 1" UNF. Bolt for one, and screw for another?  Dim
memory tells me the difference between a screw and a bolt is the a  screw is
threaded up to the head, and a bolt has an unthreaded section between  the
threads and the head. Also, how come the difference in  length here?

2) As I'm trying to assemble a complete set of front and rear  bumpers with
everything, ready to bolt on when I take off the old. There is an  odd part
that must have some connection with the bumper system as I found it in
that box in the basement. It is a slug of aluminum (?) cylindrical (very
slightly barrel shaped) 1/2" tall, 1" in diameter with about a 1/2" hole
drilled
out of the center. Is this a bumper system part? Where does it go?
Seems like a spacer.

Best to all,

Jim  Armstrong
Mk 1A