Re: [Tigers] Bumper installation

To: <e.coiner@cox.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>, <Rollright@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Bumper installation
From: "Jerry and Mo" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 12:35:39 -0500
I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. The round slug (standoff) fits between the
steel mounting hole in the frame (1/2x20) and the steel mounting bracket
that the bumper attaches to (with the 1/2 round aluminum spacer that
conforms to the bumper that Erich is referring to).  If you were to bolt the
bumper bracket directly to the frame you would bend the body metal that is
surrounding that attachment point.   To attach the bumper,  one would bolt
the two steel pieces (with the half round pieces) to the bumper loosely
tighten, then slide the 1/2" bolt into the slot in the steel, then slide the
spacer on over the bolt, then (with the help of someone) bring the bumper
(with brackets) up to the two holes and start tightening, all the time
adjusting the alignment as you bring all the bolts tight.

I hope this helps

Jerry Christopherson
9473187