Re: [Tigers] My project

To: <CALUMETAIR@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] My project
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:46:43 -0500
Tom
        Your probably right; DMV messed up the information on your Tiger.

Vin #B382000257  is considered a Mk IA

1964 Tigers have a B947xxxxx vin #

TBON indicates a Sept 1965 build date for your Tiger.

US Customs and Regs on Import cars gave them the registration year that they
entered the States.

My Mk IA was built a bit earlier than yours, it's registered as a 1966
Rootes.   Rootes because that was on the paperwork and my trying to explain
it should state Sunbeam was counter productive.

        The original 260 for your Tiger should have an F21KA or B19KC engine
group which is listed on the Vin Tag and on the valve cover sticker.

Ron Fraser