Re: [Tigers] My project

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, "CALUMETAIR@aol.com" <CALUMETAIR@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] My project
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:09:37 -0800 (PST)
Tony- I to live in IL.it might help that the people in southern IL. are very
friendly and will try to help a person with a problem out. I have been away
from home and havent had access to a pc BUT if you want to get your title
corrected, go to your nearest SEC. of State office and explain you need to
have a State Sec.of Stae Trooper. They actually have more power than a state
cop- have all the necessary paper work, information and testimony from all
sources and have him examine the Tiger and all paperwork etc. Explain what you
need corrected and he willl take your address and mail U a letter to send to
Springfield and they will correct whatever it is thats wrong- You may have to
send your present title in if that's what you want corrected. As I said they
are pleasant here in southern IL. I had a S5 Apine with the VIN as the SAL
number and paperwork, like previous insurance papers etc from the PO which had
the same number listed as the VIN. The State
 Sec. of State Trooper was a very nice guy who sent me a letter to send in and
have the title corrected. Unfortunately I put it up in one of those places
that I dont remember where- in one of my many Beam books Im sure and the title
still snt corrected BUT I will just ask again when or before I decide to sell.
Good luck.
TonytheTiger

<rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:46 PM
>Subject: Re: [Tigers] My project
>
>Tom
>    Your probably right; DMV messed up the information on your Tiger.
>
>Vin
#B382000257  is considered a Mk IA

>1964 Tigers have a B947xxxxx vin #
>
>TBON indicates a Sept 1965 build date for your Tiger.
>
>US Customs and Regs
on Import cars gave them the registration year that they
>entered the States.
>
>My Mk IA was built a bit earlier than yours, it's registered as a 1966
>Rootes.  Rootes because that was on the paperwork and my trying to explain
>it should state Sunbeam was counter productive.
>
>    The original 260 for
your Tiger should have an F21KA or B19KC engine
>group which is listed on the
Vin Tag and on the valve cover sticker.

Message-----