Re: [Tigers] vent window won't come out

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] vent window won't come out
From: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 21:03:10 +0100
Cc: onegonefish@comcast.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net, todbrown@roadrunner.com
Hi Jim,

there are 3 screws you need to remove the vent window.

1. - the one you can see inside the car on the chrome base finisher

2. - open the door and look at the front of the vent window. you will
see a chrome tab which is part of the vent window base and sticks out
towards the outer side of the door, its rounded cornered and has a cross
head screw in it. Remove this screw.

3 -. - again on the front of the vent window, there are 2 screws that
screw in form the front edge of the vent window frame. Bottom one goes
into the vent window chrome base and the top one goes right through into
the door.
Remove the top one - flat driver.

The vent window will now pull straight upwards out of the door.

There is a step in the vent window chrome upright where the glass moves,
this can sometimes catch the steel door skin just under where the cut
our is in the put window rubber. check to see if this is catching.

the chrome vent window sits into the top of the steel runner in the door
with a clip on the outside but this is mostly for location and does not
fix it to the lower runner.

If you are still struggling, drop me a note and I will send you some
photos as I have a couple of loose doors and vent windows.

Jeff

In message <7b11.1f1ca1ca.3ca9de05@aol.com>, Rollright@aol.com writes

--
Jeff Howarth