[Tigers] vent window won't come out

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] vent window won't come out
From: <johnp@ciseast.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 16:29:55 -0400
Jim,

I have a Mk1 with the vent window out and I can send pictures if you wish.
I have a few questions:

1.        Why are you taking the glass out (broken or leaking?)

2.       Do you already have the assembly out of the door?

Be VERY, Very careful with those tiny screws because the heads snap off
EASILY.  Be sure to soak them with your favorite rust treatment like PB
Blaster.

Once I got my assembly out of the door and got down to where there was only
the glass and the front/top/rear surround, I used a small screwdriver to
very carefully insert between the glass edge and the inside channel of the
surround.  The glass would not come out any other way and I was down to no
longer caring if the glass broke.  The glass didn't break.  I used the
screwdriver prying a little alternating between front and rear channels and
just managed to wiggle the loose from the surround.  I was more concerned
with not bending the surround that I was with the glass.