Re: [Tigers] New Guy Questions

To: <michael@michaelshortt.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] New Guy Questions
From: "Jim" <jimmc13@hughes.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 08:36:56 -0500
Michael,
I have had 9 Sunbeams, only 2 of which were Tigers, so don't count this
response too high in the response order.  To me the most desirable Tiger is
one in Midnight Blue (58), these cars are truly beautiful!  The most popular
is Carnival Red (39).  Then we can move on to Rootes version of BRG which is
Forest Green (86), an okay to very nice color depending upon mix used.
There are some rare colors like Moonstone (19).  The best color is the one
you like and as I was wisely advised, keep the color the same as that VIN
tag.

If you watch and keep tabs on Tigers, you will find that original and low
mileage cars are worth quite a bit of money, however the Mark II Tigers from
1967 are the most valuable upon resale and perhaps appraisal.  Note the only
cars higher are rare prototypes or Sebring/LeMans racers.  Look for actual
sale range between say $22,000 and 85,000, with excursions much, much higher
for reasons we all e-mail each other about.  The most desirable Tiger is one
with little rust; this is the classic enemy of the car.  Notice I did not
say no rust.  Tigers can still be found for much less, be ready to move on
the purchase after viewing and verifying.  Verify your proposed purchased
using info from this blog and Norm Millers website, or any of the
club/association links, these guys are of extremely valuable assistance!

I do not comment on modifications as there are purists and folks who have
updated their Tigers for many reasons, enough others will let you know.
Respectfully,
Jim McLaughlin
B382000175 Forest Green LHD