Re: [Tigers] MK II wiring help

To: "jay.laifman@gmail.com" <jay.laifman@gmail.com>, "rfraser@bluefrog.com" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] MK II wiring help
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:05:00 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
The shunt is located inside the ammeter itself. This is far from ideal,
because any imperfection in the ammeter wiring, external or internal, causes a
great deal of heat as a result of all the battery charging current being
pumped through it.

Side note: Because the MkII Tigers had an alternator, I thought the ammeter
was no longer an official option? If that's true then whatever wiring you're
seeing was added by the dealer or a PO.

Theo

use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail or
any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

Thank you for your cooperation.