Re: [Tigers] Brake Mystery

To: "'Stu Brennan'" <stubrennan@comcast.net>, "'Tiger Net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake Mystery
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 21:24:28 -0400
Stu
        You rebuilt the system and now there is probably contamination or
air in the line somewhere.

The left caliper is doing all the braking.  It may have some contamination
grabbing the caliper pistons - check to make sure the left caliper is
releasing OK.  Bled it to see if any contamination comes out.

The right caliper is not getting the same force as the left.   Air in the
line can cause this - bled it some more.

Check to make sure the brake pads are floating in position, not cocked or
hung up at the edges.  I have had to file the edge down on a few pads to
make them fit correctly.

I don't think it is the case here but if the rear brakes are not adjusted
correct; they can cause this problem too.  Pull the park brake handle one
click at a time to see if the rear wheels grab and lock at the same time.

Ron Fraser