Re: [Tigers] Brake Mystery

To: "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>, <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, "'Tiger Net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake Mystery
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:58:37 -0400
To answer various questions and comments...

The pull to the left was the same before and after I replaced ALL THREE flex
hoses, within the last week.

The hoses were sourced from one of our trusted suppliers within the last
month

I did pull the ebrake on and the car remained straight.

The silicon fluid had been in the new hoses about an hour before the test
drive this afternoon

Both the L and R calipers bled normally.

The pedal is nice and firm, so I don't think there is much air left in the
system.

The pull to the left occurs only during pedal application.

I did not check for left disk temperatures, the drive was about 1/2 mile,
and I didn't notice anything like a pull to the side with the brakes off.

The left disk seemed free when I was putting the wheel back on after
bleeding.

The pad backing plates were ground down a bit so they are free in the
calipers

I'll jack it up and fiddle around some more tomorrow night.  Rain predicted,
so it will probably stay in the garage.

Funny thing, Jere, you got Ron's message before I did.  As of sending this,
it's not in my inbox or spam bin yet.

Stu