Re: [Tigers] Shelby Obits

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Shelby Obits
From: Stephen Waybright <gswaybright@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 06:27:07 -0700 (PDT)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1337088427; bh=3KmqHeg7D90EDy88NI7p7aJFHxng1P/SXEHsfLx+AnQ=; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=WFjRl8VcaOSXsaXGcB0zI1YhEXktKOprc9rstUJ+jH9dj+a72evncOawajqS61G5Sm3H5ul+ZXHlVIj5L3tT4dWFLpVE2Nv7fima8GuQEpb+MWIYSYy6lNbef5RflMwayTMNsjEE1vOsvIGddnnUpsWL/58bjnVNxJ8fkIpy0q4= s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Message-ID:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=Ts+1hgxBdbIjcFSLO1nr928OID9E1ljzDcqKgsLRRjLKnYxhOSkrv6q0qANsNjEuub2DyAxzxcERVtkukCV0puxCJmj8lybf2MK9N0+kXWGIudswLSpH8w5Tc4bAB77d0BzhiX52qEQr4sMfUgieBiWQtFzE4flQOh9cVLdvSDw=;
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
While ol Shel' was critical to the Tiger's genisis, the Tiger is still a ways
down the list of his automotive contributions to the world. As much as I like
the Shelby connection with Tigers (and love the Tiger), it really was limited
to a one-off hot rod Alpine, proof of concept car... the real production
engineering was done by Jensen and I've never heard that Shelby had any direct
engagement with Rootes Group / Sunbeam corporate management. His strategic
impactand marketing contribution to the modern Dodge and Ford cars is quite
significant by comparison, as is the size of those cars impact on the general
automotive landscape (and what he was paid for the work).

I do think the
Tiger would show up in his top 15 cars.

Stephen Waybright