Re: [Tigers] Alpine/Tiger photo

To: rande@thecia.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Alpine/Tiger photo
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 19:02:39 -0700
Cc: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=subject:mime-version:content-type:from:in-reply-to:date:cc :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; bh=F79pEanpwb+WB79kZxhtSjrJ1/M+gPJeCW55QeJsWSI=; b=CFJ75WprdW9WjHyylpo54s/eC0iAFdn3OGrLx//AvAH0wcIP0a4//NeGVF8lNM5RTE 3yfEBCBW8L/5pjViUGRFyXl8pHFHClyG72K4QHDoV6++95/rLfdzDCCnGcOoQdjfXKLM 2yiP7CzJdByPAt9VAetxUFkvwsXprVwyGJF60x+k4ceyA3LXCI+SWklQNOeRtZqOoYF2 OyIs4f3ntxKU78qUy9SKC37vjj7Ceo/921vdu7sEpND2fuM1WezTdG+x+fcLYJSRiDMc znUJ4zd9cIBx1Gt/ROKu/dkMbzeIcFSZ4qBPQaiMqS5ijaYh2LtlKPdMVTky163KkO3m Psng==
Sender: tigers-bounces@autox.team.net
Same car?  See bottom of page:

http://7191938103.blogspot.com/

On May 29, 2012, at 6:31 PM, rande wrote:

> I've known of this photo since college around 1972, but am just asking for
help
> about it now.
>
> In some editions of the Bill Owens coffee table book SUBURBIA, the cover
photo
> is a couple in lawn chairs on their driveway, their son on roller skates
next
> to them, the garage door is open, and inside is a boat on the left and
either
> a Tiger or an Alpine on the right. I'm trying to find out if any of our
Northern
> California folks know either the car or the people and what model Sunbeam
it
> is. I'll give you all of the information I have so far.
>
> The California black plate number is UGT 517.
>
> The license plate dealer frame is from Jay's Auto Imports, in San Leandro,
CA

> The photo also appeared in the Week in Review section of the New York
Times,
> dated May 18, 1997, and their caption read, "Livermore, Calif. 1970:
Savoring
> life in the middle class, when it's easier to define."
>
> The photo credit: Bill Owens (photographer) from the Robert Koch Gallery,
San

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jay.laifman@gmail.com