Re: [Tigers] Re-veneering the dash

To: awtiger@cox.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Re-veneering the dash
From: Gary Winblad <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 19:17:38 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Well, there is "right" and there is "Prestige".  There is no way any Tiger came
with a dash
with that perfect mirror finish!
I think it should be burled but not that burled... it was a cheaper cut so to
speak, probably
like your store was telling you.  It has burls (and every car is different) but
not that many
like what you buy now as burled.  But NOT just plain Walnut!!
And it should be dark like the protected bottom edge.  Dark walnut stain is
what I think
I used.  The dash had a clear plastic type finish.  The steering wheel had an
almost
opaque brown finish, the wood grain hardly shows, it looked almost like brown
plastic.

Gary