Re: [Tigers] Re-veneering the dash

To: aballard@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Re-veneering the dash
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 22:53:52 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Allan, I still have the original dash in my car, and am starting to re-veneer
it this week myself. I can assure you it is not straight grained by any stretch
of the imagination. As faded and cracked as it is, there are clearly waves and
swirls, albeit faint, in the original veneer.

Regarding the piece below the steering column, on my car that is a black
plastic piece of material that covers the gap below the column. It has a very
fine, random tight nit pinpoint surface pattern.

Are you sure your current dash is original equipment?

A reminder to all as well that Sunbeam Specialties also sells show quality
replacement dashes at prices competitive with what has been mentioned here (no
affiliation).

Gene