Re: [Tigers] My understanding

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] My understanding
From: "Kirk Smith" <twotigers@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:24:12 -0800
I had a similar incident occur when I had my Tiger TAC'd.  A TAC team was at
a CAT get together several years ago, and I wanted to support the program.
Mind you, I had no doubt that my car was an authentic Tiger so, after it
passed the TAC inspection, I didn't look too closely at the paperwork until
I got back home after the event.  When I saw the 'no original rivets' box
checked, I couldn't believe it!  I knew better;  at the next Tiger outing
where I had my car (I'm pretty sure it was a TU), I ask Tom Hall to take a
look at my rivets and tell me what he thought.  Tom Hall is the #1 senior
inspector in the entire program.  Tom looked at my rivets and confirmed that
they were original.  When I told him that the 'no original rivets' box had
been checked at the TAC inspection, he graciously offered to write me a
letter regarding my original rivets- which he did as soon as the he got home
from TU.  I have that letter stapled to the TAC certificate.  So, there is
hope that you might be able to have your injustice rectified some day!