Re: [Tigers] Remote Spin-on Adapter

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Remote Spin-on Adapter
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:48:42 -0800
Fram makes a number of  remote oil filter adapters. A quick search of Google
Images might help you find what you are looking for.  Others have gone to
the block style adapter. It has roughly a 90 degree configuration that is
one piece (no hoses!).

I see a number of advantages to the 90 degree adapter, some of which are no
hoses and more room in the tight engine bay. From a heat perspective the
filter is rather thin and likely dissipates heat.  The original setup puts
that heat into the engine bay. The other style adapter puts the heat more in
the airstream of cooler air moving under the car.  The disadvantages are
having to get under the car to change the filter and possible header/exhaust
clearance.

I found an adapter off a Ford van that not only had the 90 degree bend, but
the filter was also angled outward more into the airstream. Also, because
the adapter rotates around the center attachment bolt it allowed the filter
to follow the frame rail angle.  The list won't take pictures, but if I can
find the image I'll send it separately.

Tom