Re: [Tigers] Remote Spin-on Adapter

To: "'Gary'" <maliburevue@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Remote Spin-on Adapter
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 17:08:10 -0500
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
X_cmae_category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined a=spNdU7hVSxxSTa/SUdnwBQ==:17 a=cTCAWFhPi7MA:10 a=1poGYrevpj8A:10 a=1oqGTYSLAAAA:8 a=VigmCQKiuuMA:10 a=8A7brI4kjU8C6ETGAX3PRdgeao0=:19 a=CjxXgO3LAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=Q68oC8urAAAA:8 a=VhlPuAZ6AAAA:8 a=pjdaNNIBAAAA:8 a=4lbG0c_VrytyPfGw07kA:9 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=mUKQW53vcu0A:10 a=rC2wZJ5BpNYA:10 a=CyJou3m1qXC_DfS_:21 a=6FlOeyyGooh3oCcu:21 a=yMhMjlubAAAA:8 a=SSmOFEACAAAA:8 a=VKjrgPpawy7jEVM-7UIA:9 a=gKO2Hq4RSVkA:10 a=UiCQ7L4-1S4A:10 a=hTZeC7Yk6K0A:10 a=frz4AuCg-hUA:10 a=X2fOUReXWbb1lJtv:21 a=rLRj_C_Td6xry0aR:21 a=5gbjR43p9U1xdb9x:21 a=spNdU7hVSxxSTa/SUdnwBQ==:117
Gary,

Thanks for the information and the pictures.  I'm pretty sure this is the setup
that I've seen before.  Too bad fellow listers can't see the pictures too.

That Hayden block adapter looks nice, but I'm currently planning to use the
stock block adapter and attach new hoses to it.  I'm currently using a stock
hose set that I have adapted to take new hoses so I know that I can just change
hose length and end fittings to connect to a new adapter bracket and make it
work.

The Trans Dapt filter bracket looks about right for the job.  Apparently Trans
Dapt and almost everybody else uses a cast aluminum body for the bracket.  The
threaded fitting into the filter should be steel though.  I wonder If I should
be worrying about the threaded piece breaking off like Peter McDonald describes.
A cast steel bracket would make for a bullet-proof design if I could find one.
So far, the only bracket that comes close is one by WIX, and that one doesn't
have the hose fittings on the bottom (top for the Tiger).  Maybe somebody knows
who makes a bracket in steel that would work.

-Will