Re: [Tigers] Valve Train

To: "'Karl Adey'" <sunbeamkarl@hotmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Valve Train
From: "A. C. Tynes" <v8tracker@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:08:30 -0600
Karl, et al,

By "high output oil pump" you probably mean a high volume oil pump, not a high
pressure oil pump. They are not the same and there is probably no reason to
have a high pressure oil pump in such a relatively mild engine. I don't think a
high volume pump will give you any problem, but just watch your oil level.

I have heard that some roller rockers will not fit under the stock valve
covers, with or without, the deflectors, so that is something you might want to
check on with your the Comp Cams rockers. I have Ford roller rockers (which I
think are made by Comp) on the 302 in my Tracker, with no deflectors, under
stock finned aluminum "Power by Ford" valve covers without clearance problems.

I don't know about changing the oil pump with the engine in the car since it
has been many years since I've been under a Tiger.

Hope this helps,

A. C. Tynes
New Orleans