[Tigers] Clutch fork.... Still....

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Clutch fork.... Still....
From: <johnp@ciseast.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 07:01:34 -0500
Still having trouble trying to find an original clutch fork for the 260 5
blot bell housing.

I thought it would be best to address the issue to the digest members for
help to an alternate solution and more info on the specs for the current
parts.

If anyone knows of a good source for the original please chime in.  Since my
fork is missing and the engine is at the shop and the transmission out of
the car I need some help with dimensions of a good original fork for both
the Mk.I and Mk.II cars.  I've attached  an annotated photo showing a
similar fork showing dimensions needed.  For those of you who have access to
your parts, would you please send the dimensions back to me and I'll try to
find the most suitable replacement.  Not noted in the photo is the diameter
of the transmission input shaft retainer (the large flanged piece that
surrounds the input shaft and on which the throwout bearing slides).  If you
can add that dimension as "DI" that would also be a help.  Please send
dimensions to the digest or to me at johnp@ciseast.com .  If the
photo/drawing doesn't make it to the digest just send an email and I'll
reply with the photo.   We are amazingly lucky that our Tigers

Are sbf ford based so that the popularity of Mustangs, Falcons, Fairlanes,
Cobras and everything else makes our finding engines parts and information
so easy.  Imagine what it would be like if our engines were Packard or Nash
based.  This might also be a time and place to mention the wealth of sbf
part information at www.mustangtek.net .  Anyone who hasn't seen that sight
will be pleasantly surprised with an instant education on Ford part numbers
and where they were used.

Remember to include the "DI" dimension on your response and to indicate
whether the dimensions are from a Mk.I or Mk.II.

CZ05-7515-B_dim.JPG

CZ05-7515-B_dim.JPG]