Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Radiator

To: Alexander Washick <alw6464@gmail.com>, Brent Edinger <banana111@msn.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Aluminum Radiator
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:23:10 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Fluidyne hasen't made the radiator for the Tiger in a number of years. I got
lucky can got one from someone NIB off of EPay for mid $300's and was glad to
get it. It's a very thick radiator, and the one that I have is a 2 pass
radiator. I do not have it in the car now but it will go in with the new motor
some day. I have the Griffin in the car now and it's a nice radiator better
then
stock, but looks to have much less cooling capacity then the Fluidyne
and much
less substantial in the manufacturing area. The Griffin fit without
much trouble
and seems to work fine with the stock 260 that's in the car. I
did not run a
shroud on the Griffin, but I think it would fit without much
trouble but I think
it would be needed if I really drove the car more. I was
just too lazy to put it
on.

I don't know how the shroud fits on the fluidyne
but I would imagine it might
take more work to make it fit given the
different dimension. That being said I
have only looked at it in the box so
might be a more or less work. Also I think
one other place that makes custom
radiators in Arizona (Davis???) has one for
the Tiger but can't rember the
name, it was like $600+ as I recall and weeks to
fab.  I have run
various Fluidyne radiators in my other car and they are well
made product and
if you have the 2 pass model it's a good one but not sure if
other styles
were made.

Sandy