Re: [Tigers] Brake Fluid Capacity and Hi - Torque Starter Question

To: "e.coiner@cox.net" <e.coiner@cox.net>, Joel Martin <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>, Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brake Fluid Capacity and Hi - Torque Starter Question
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 02:32:04 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Apparently there is some variation in the different headers over the years. I
initially bought the Canton adapter, found that to be too tall to fit, then
bought the Product Engineering one (through Dale - his adapter is Product
Engineering's part), and while it's beautiful, it was (at 1 1/4") still too
tall to give me positive clearance to that header tube. I ended up making one
out of a block of aluminum with a 1" height under the header tube, and that
works. My adapter has an internal nut so that nothing sticks out above the
adapter body. The front of the adapter has a 30 degree kickout so that the -10
AN fittings and oil hoses clear the steering linkage without kinking them.
Internally I set up the passages similar to the Canton adapter... there's just
a lot less margin everywhere.

Lot of work to design and make, though. If the Product Engineering part works,
then that's great, and at $150 direct or $160 from Dale's it's a bargain
compared to rolling your own. Don't forget that this is a relatively
low-volume part you're buying.

Besides these adapters there's the Ford right-angle adapter for their
Econoline vans. I don't know if that will work for you? If you can find one at
an autowrecker then it's going to be cheap enough relative to the alternatives
that you can try it and see without putting a significant dent in your budget
compared to the alternatives.
Theo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.