Re: [Tigers] Bad Fuel Pump?

To: "'Tod Brown'" <todbrown@roadrunner.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Bad Fuel Pump?
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:04:00 -0400
Tod
        I just went through that last summer.  There are reports that
alcohol in the fuel will deteriorate old rubber parts.

1 - check to make sure the filter or the line to the filter is not plugged -
I had a clog near the filter

2 - set up a flow rate test for your fuel pump  - extend the line you just
checked to a big bucket and run a timed flow
When I did this the fuel flow rate was very poor and there were black specks
in the fuel - fuel pump and bellows material

If the flow rate looks good maybe you should consider a heat shield between
the muffler and the pump or move the pump to the trunk.  I think there is an
article on TigersUnited for the heat shield.

I placed my fuel pump in the trunk many years ago.  I installed a Puralator
electronic cube pump this time.  It is my understanding the this cube fuel
pump is made by Facet now.  Facet make several style pump that should work.

Ron Fraser