Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

To: 'Beamclub' <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:38:46 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
I'm finally back on the road with new FR steering rack, Minx spindles, and
aluminum rad. But there are a few teething issues with the new suspension
geometry. The sway bar sits closer to the wheel inner edge with the new
spindles, and that plus the fact I took out the front wheel spacers is making
the wheel hit the swaybar well short of where full steering lock should be. So
I have to move the outboard swaybar mount up.

Steering is noticeably quicker with the FR rack - the ratio is about 16%
quicker IIRC and there is basically no lash in the new rack so the car goes
EXACTLY where your hands go. Kinda nice, after years of having a worn/damaged
rack with a broken Belleville washer on one side. The effort is still
manageable even with a small steering wheel although you notice it at parking
lot speeds.

I'm going back to a mechanical fan after trying to run without it (just
electric fan) for several summers. It seems like there is just no drive that
doesn't at some point involve sitting in traffic and my electric fan was just
not able to keep up even with the new rad. So I picked up a Flex-a-Lite 14"
fan last weekend and mounted it... now I have to make a shroud to fit that.

After that... it will be a matter of driving the car and working out all the
little things that have piled up over the years so it's good to go for Suni
VI.

Theo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.