Re: [Tigers] (no subject)

To: Gary Winblad <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] (no subject)
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 14:57:00 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: 'Beamclub' <tigers@autox.team.net>
Itbs the Flaming River Cobra/MGB rack. You have to move the rack mounts on the
front crossmember outboard 1 inch (each) and redo the steering intermediate
shaft. That rack comes with a B>b b 48 spline shaft so I got two of their
U-joints in B>-48 on one side, B>b double-D on the other, and their DD
intermediate shaft. The angularity of the upper U-joint is right on the limitb&
if I feel really ambitious at one point Ibll cut and regrind the shaft on the
rack so that I can reduce the angle between the two shafts a bit. I know that
Dale (and others?) have done a thing where they use an Alpine steering column
and then make a double intermediate shaft. This requires an extra support  on
the frame rail. One could also use a double U joint at the upper end.

There are a few guys doing that electric PS column especially in England. I
havenbt had any time to look into itb& I expect that someone will show up at
SUNI with one.

Theo