Re: [Tigers] Thinking Ahead...

To: "<owain.lloyd@gmail.com>" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Thinking Ahead...
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:50:14 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
How about chain-driving two 1000cc motorcycle engines together? Out of the box
you'd be near 300 hp. It would sound completely awesome as well.
Theo

On 2013-07-26, at 8:46 AM, "Owain Lloyd" <owain.lloyd@gmail.com> wrote:

> For the n/a 4cly 2.0 either a Millington or a BDG would be my top choices.
>  Otherwise a BMW S14 can make over 300hp but might not be cheaper at those
> outputs.
>
> All fantastic engines but not cheap.
>
> On the cheap side you could get close to 300 from a pinto 2.0.
>
> Are you allowed a factory blower?  R53 mini engine can make 300hp from a
> 1.6 very cheaply.
>
> The swedes make huge power from the Volvo 4 bangers....
>

> 3.0 takes a bit more thought.   Lots of choices.  Datsun 2.8s are well
> developed but I know little about them.   I'm building a merc m110 twin
> cam, a shade under 3 litres, capable of 300 hp at present but its heavily
> modified.
>

> On Friday, July 26, 2013, Larry Mayfield wrote:
>
>> Considerations for a future year motors for the Salt Flats car. Just some
>> thoughts and interest questions...
>>
>> What are choices for a twin or sohc  engine just under 3 liters? all motor
>> ideas (ie no power adders). Current record is 200.xx
>>
>> What are the choices for a just under 2 liter 4 banger?
>>
>> Anyone interested in building an Alpine motor, with transmission, for the
>> salt car?  It will have to be a goer, lol...  current record is 178 and
>> change.... motor only, no blower or NOS.
>>
>> Having just spent a box full of money on this motor, if you wanna play
>> anything that is to be built needs to have readily available speed parts!
>> Custom is NOT the way to save money, lol...
>>
>> mayf
>>
>> --
>> ______________________________
>> drmayf
>> Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
>> 204.913 mph flying mile
>> 210.779 mph exit speed

gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/theo.smit@dynastream.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and contain information that may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. If you have received this email in error, please
notify the sender by reply email and delete the message. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of this communication (including attachments) by
someone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Thank you.