Re: [Tigers] No Brake Lights

To: <michael@michaelshortt.com>, "'James Pickard'" <geowiz@hargray.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] No Brake Lights
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:18:00 -0400
Cc: 'Tiger List' <tigers@autox.team.net>
Michael
        That is interesting reading on the Alpine Forum.

I like the idea of putting an Ohm meter on the brake switch and pushing the
brake pedal to see the meter move.

1 - this give you the resistance of the switch and if it is activating
2 - it gives you an understanding of how much brake pressure and pedal
position is needed to actuate the switch
3 - this test should also be done with the engine running so the brake
booster has vacuum to see if the brake pedal position changes for activating
the switch.

Smacking the brake switch to make it work; I think is a short term possible
fix, but useful if it get you home with brake lights working.

I have a switch at the pedal on my Tiger.

Ron Fraser