Re: [Tigers] Tiger Steering Wheels

To: tigers@autox.team.net s=q20121106; t=1388001159; bh=l4hpU710UyDD+fbcR0vQvFmdTvFpqTw3F9ww3s7TtFg=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=Z3ydlS511V8ZFD4m4UlUy1mXAVaxrM4+xcpcEcQuWW6Rke2Sfh+zhd8QieA0sLGgH vMBsztwR851nRr4y9Dj6QXtA717SAWGBmkyH15IDnqjYZORQMbeClw1KISMWpgfr/f uymq4qNWACoFUJZgp+F/31/SYg06qDMg24u5UJ/1U4hwDtEXZ68v5e2ns0oYdnFNRy H2Dr8zrEQdkU8W9I/ATenLq4E/wH5L/Dee1w8iQCDJIWEPOIqVIFVJ4UIKq51CDk6u 48v+qpe1+nIe+BciS0CUJZoHL5lxYA3rWIYO4II8jr5qnnN1SPDdYHVvr7jjiKUaJu jHWWASsj7lfMg==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger Steering Wheels
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 19:52:39 +0000 (UTC)
I would like to add a testimonial regarding Brian Jones. I bought a Motolita
wheel and adapter hub from him several years ago but still have not gotten
around to installing it yet. He is an absolute prince of a fellow. He went out
of his way to be helpful throughout the purchase process, including expediting
the shipping. I highly recommend him to you.

If you decide to get a Motolita wheel, getting a dished one is definitely
better than a flat faced one. I got the one with the single elongated slot in
each spoke. Were I to make the purchase again, I would seriously consider
getting the leather covered rim rather than the wood covered one. The wood
version is beautiful, but is really not much thicker than the stock wheel, if
at all. From a general driving perspective, I think a thicker wheel would be
more enjoyable.

Perhaps Brian has already explained it, but aware that there are two types of
adapter hubs. One allows you to keep the telescoping feature of the stock
wheel, the other does not. I think there is a bit of a trick involved in
getting the telescoping version installed, something I have not yet attempted.
And it may not be adjustable "on the fly" like the stock one can be. Again, I
do not recall the specifics. Maybe someone on the List here can clarify the
installation procedure .

At this point, I plan to just lace a nice black leather cover over the stock
wheel I have to see how I like that. But if you decided on a Motolita wheel, I
think you will be very happy with dealing with Brian. And as I recall, his
price was the same or better than the factory, and service was first class.

Gene