Re: [Tigers] Distributor Performance

To: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor Performance
From: Bob Josten <bob@rjosten.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:13:19 -0700
Cc: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Hi Mark and Ron, I use Pertronix in a couple of my stock cars and also have
the MSD box and distributor in my street tiger.
I like both setups, both have been really reliable and it's really nice not
having to think about gap and dwell.
For my stock mk2 I was wondering about the merits of using Pertronix in my
dual point distributor with only mechanical advance vs. using it in a stock
distributor with vacuum/mechanical advance.
I have a vintage dual point in there now and am using points. I just
caravaned to and from the Historics from LA with another mk2 owner. He has
the dual point with Pertronix ll I think.
We both have stock 289's and I got about 21 mpg on the trip using points
and my car drove great.
I think I'll switch over to Pertronix with my dual point and see what the
difference is.
thanks
Bob J.