Re: [Tigers] Power Shifts

To: "'Tiger's Den'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Power Shifts
From: "Rense, Mark (GE, Appl & Light)" <mark.rense@ge.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 18:05:50 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
For those of you that wish to experience faster and better shifting without
the expense of installing a "crashbox" non-syncro transmission might I suggest
converting to the Hurst shifter kit. I have one in my high-revving 289 car and
it is not only quicker-shifting it is more precise and definitely more fun to
drive. The throws are short and the gate is tight so you will have form new
muscle memories to be proficient. My stroker car has the normal Toploader/Ford
shifter mechanism and it feels like driving a bus compared to the Hurst. You
can buy the kit from:

Dan Williams Toploaders (scroll down)
http://toploadertransmissions.com/toploaderinfo.html

There is also a shifter that looks just like a Tiger short shifter available.

Here is one kit I found online:
https://hurstshiftersonline.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=548&idca
tegory=65#details