[Tigers] lifting jacks

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] lifting jacks
From: Rollright--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 11:14:13 -0500
Full-name: Rollright
Hello,

I've owned my Mk1A since spring of 1976. When I got it, it came with a
black jack with appropriate small label that was clearly a Rootes  jack; it fit
the square body tubes and worked.

Years ago, in the late 1980s, I visited a junk yard in Berkeley CA.  There
was a low-fin Alpine, and I bought the jack it had in its trunk and  brought
it home to Massachusetts.

After recently deciding to refresh/restore my trunk, I started to  think
about the two jacks. They are almost identical except for difference in
length. My original (?) jack is about 1.5" longer. Yesterday I looked up in
both
the Alpine and Tiger "TOOLS" sections of their respective parts catalogs.
The  Tiger Parts catalog contained Mk1-Mk2. Here is what I found:

Alpine:                                part  number
up to B395000595  uses          1201342
from  B395000566   uses           5520473

Tiger:
up to  B9473324                        1201342
from  B9473325                        5520473

The Question:  Am I correct in the assumption that the shorter  (earlier)
jack is # 1201342 and the
longer (later) jack is # 5520473  ???

Thanks in advance,

Jim  Armstrong