Re: [Tigers] Tiger oil capacity w/non-stock filter

To: <awtiger@cox.net>, "'Dave Barakat'" <dave.barakat@icloud.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger oil capacity w/non-stock filter
From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 12:33:46 -0400
Cc: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Andy
        Yes - if your 260 engine has the stock oil pan you should put 5 qts
of oil in no matter what filter you are using.

You have to understand that the dip stick reads wrong; you need to
understand where the 5 qt level is now on the dip stick and where the ADD
level is located.

This all got me to thinking - what was the original Ford recommendation for
oil capacity in the 60's?

I just found 1 reference that indicates the following:
63 - 64 260     4 qts
63 - 65 289 4 qts
66 - 67 289 5 qts

Anyone else have this information for the Ford 260 and 289 engines in the
States?

Maybe we are overfilling the sump with 5 qts and that extra qt was for the
oil lines.

To me the difference between the 65 and 66 289 indicates the oil pan shape
changed for 1966.
Very Interesting!!!

I just located another reference that indicates all 260 & 289 engines 4 qts
- add 1 qt if new filter.
Back to 5 qts with filter change.

Ron Fraser