Re: [Tigers] Air Cleaner Question

To: Joe Brown <jbbrown1980@gmail.com> Kzi2yfKokqTJcr1LuDnkdYPsuJ8FoPF0Ox8cNAhguJUOCf5zrKxhTBAGpWAWZgPF9xJxKlC2yD2WlcUKfvio8jeT0W3VKg2y+tk=
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Air Cleaner Question
From: "Gary M. Gere via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:27:46 -0700
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
I believe the small vacuum fitting on the underside of the oval air cleaner
goes to the inlet (cold) side of the hot air choke for the carburetor. It
provides â??cleanâ?? air that gets pulled through the exhaust manifold
automatic choke tube to the hot air choke. If you have an electric choke, you
can put a vacuum on this fitting.

Please refer to Sunbeam 260-289 workshop manual, section B, page 6, figure 6
â??automatic choke heat chamberâ?? - The vacuum hose from the underside of the
oval air cleaner goes to the â??air inlet tubeâ?? labeled â??from clean side of
air cleanerâ??.

-Gary