Re: [Tigers] Air Cleaner Question

To: michael king <michael.s.king@gmail.com>, Joe Brown <jbbrown1980@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Air Cleaner Question
From: Gary Winblad via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 14:36:11 -0700
Cc: Tiger Talk List Tiger <Tigers@autox.team.net>
WHAT?
The original question was about the small fitting on the AIR CLEANER.
No vacuum there.
The fitting was for the original heat riser choke as someone else mentioned.
If you did away with that, you should plug the fitting so you don't get
un-filtered air into
your intake.
With regards to the choke, I am like someone else mentioned, I did away
with the choke
in about 1975..  no need for one (at least in California), you just
feather the throttle a
little until it warms up.  I never tried an electric choke but the
original and a manual
cable conversion were both too much trouble and never worked right.
Save the money you save on a choke kit and buy a MSD-6 box.  The
multiple hot sparks
means if it misses, the next spark fires it.  WORKS GREAT from cold
start for me.
Oh, you do need a working accelerator pump to get the initial start.. A
problem I am
having with current Ethanol gas(I presume).
Gary