[Tigers] Camshaft Recommendations

To: Tigers Den <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Camshaft Recommendations
From: Joe Brown via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 17:54:54 -0600

--0000000000006067f00580510e95

Hi,
My poor Tiger's engine was rode hard and put away wet by the original
owner.  I am in the process of rebuilding it and now I am having trouble
with the cam.  The machine shop put in new cam bearings and I was having a
hard time sliding in my old cam.  I finally went back to the machine shop
and they determined that my old cam is warped.  They were able to slide in
a cam from a 289 with no trouble.  They said they might could make my old
cam work but I don't like the sound of that.  So I am looking for a new cam
that is as close a match to the old one as possible.

The original cam is Ford part number C3OZ-6250-B and several vendors say
they have replacements for it.  But their specs don't completely match up
to the original part. Most of them seem to have higher lift numbers.   I
don't want to have to change anything in the valve train.  Does anybody
have a recommendation for something that will work well in a basically
stock engine?  I'm looking at the Melling MTF1, the Summit SUM-3600 and the
CompCams 31-215-2.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe Brown

--0000000000006067f00580510e95

de hard and put away wet by the original owner.=C2=A0 I am in the process o=
f rebuilding it and now I am having trouble with the cam.=C2=A0 The machine=
 shop put in new cam bearings and I was having a hard time sliding in my ol=
d cam.=C2=A0 I finally went back to the machine shop and they determined th=
at my old cam is warped.=C2=A0 They were able to slide in a cam from a 289 =
with no trouble.=C2=A0 They said they might could make my old cam work but =
I don&#39;t like the sound of that.=C2=A0 So I am looking for a new cam tha=
say they have replacements for it.=C2=A0 But their specs don&#39;t complete=
ly match up to the original part. Most of them seem to have higher lift num=
bers.=C2=A0 =C2=A0I don&#39;t want to have to change anything in the valve =
train.=C2=A0 Does anybody have a recommendation for something that will wor=
k well in a basically stock engine?=C2=A0 I&#39;m looking at the Melling MT=
F1, the Summit SUM-3600 and the CompCams=C2=A031-215-2.=C2=A0=C2=A0</div><d=

--0000000000006067f00580510e95--

--===============6228340529518595773==