[Tigers] British car colors from the 60's

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] British car colors from the 60's
From: clyde mclaughlin via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 16:34:32 +0000 (UTC)

------=_Part_5229774_1948890013.1578414872357

It looks like now the discussions on the correct green color has settled do=
wn, I would like to add a comment based on dealership employment back in th=
e early 70's. =C2=A0These comments apply to all the popular British marques=
. =C2=A0In the early 60's thru late 70's the paint blending did not have th=
e accuracies that exist today, that being said paint mixed in the morning p=
robably didn't match exactly paint mixed in the afternoon after a "2 Pint" =
lunch. =C2=A0The sales staff at one dealership I worked at would always com=
ment on a load of 7 cars that were all ordered the same color, but none wer=
e the same, especially the BRG ones. =C2=A0They would call the buyers in or=
der of their deposits and they could come pick the one they liked the best.=
 =C2=A0That being said, which green or any other color for that matter is e=
xactly correct is very subject to discussion and objectivity. We can all pr=
obably agree to disagree, but just because you bought your car new and it h=
as original paint, doesn't mean that someone else's car can't have the same=
 "correct" color but be a different shade. =C2=A0When it comes to Sunbeam c=
olors I feel that some of the original colors need a little adjustment to r=
eally look good, please I know that may offend a few purists, I mean no off=
ense, its just my personal taste. =C2=A0
------=_Part_5229774_1948890013.1578414872357

ons on the correct green color has settled down, I would like to add a comm=
ent based on dealership employment back in the early 70's. &nbsp;These comm=
ents apply to all the popular British marques. &nbsp;In the early 60's thru=
 late 70's the paint blending did not have the accuracies that exist today,=
 that being said paint mixed in the morning probably didn't match exactly p=
aint mixed in the afternoon after a "2 Pint" lunch. &nbsp;The sales staff a=
t one dealership I worked at would always comment on a load of 7 cars that =
were all ordered the same color, but none were the same, especially the BRG=
 ones. &nbsp;They would call the buyers in order of their deposits and they=
 could come pick the one they liked the best. &nbsp;That being said, which =
green or any other color for that matter is exactly correct is very subject=
 to discussion and objectivity. We can all probably agree to disagree, but =
just because you bought your car new and it has original paint, doesn't mea=
n that someone else's car can't have the same "correct" color but be a diff=
erent shade. &nbsp;When it comes to Sunbeam colors I feel that some of the =
original colors need a little adjustment to really look good, please I know=
 that may offend a few purists, I mean no offense, its just my personal tas=
te. &nbsp;</div>

------=_Part_5229774_1948890013.1578414872357--

--===============2002324834173255249==