Re: [Tigers] British car colors from the 60's

To: Tom Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>, Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] British car colors from the 60's
From: "e.coiner e.coiner via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 22:28:28 -0500 (EST)

------=_Part_19347_164388219.1578454108788

Sunbeam contention over the true color of Forest Green is NOTHING compared =
to Shelby Cobra debates on the true shade of Guardsman Blue. OY!

> On January 7, 2020 at 12:28 PM Tom Witt via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net=
> wrote:
>=20
>     A well stated and logical conclusion. It also brings a sense of relie=
f being on 12/26/19 I stated, =E2=80=9C Like many things Tiger it might be =
that each color batch was slightly different. And perhaps different UV expo=
sure and even waxing treatments alter the shade.=E2=80=9D And that simply b=
ased on a hunch given other irregularities germane to Tigers. Perhaps rathe=
r than arguing about who has the #86 color supremacy of originality perhaps=
 it can be seen as the =E2=80=9Cfamily=E2=80=9D of #86=E2=80=99s and like w=
ith identical twins there are still subtle differences.
>     =20
led down, I would like to add a comment based on dealership employment back=
 in the early 70's.  These comments apply to all the popular British marque=
s.  In the early 60's thru late 70's the paint blending did not have the ac=
curacies that exist today, that being said paint mixed in the morning proba=
bly didn't match exactly paint mixed in the afternoon after a "2 Pint" lunc=
h.  The sales staff at one dealership I worked at would always comment on a=
 load of 7 cars that were all ordered the same color, but none were the sam=
e, especially the BRG ones.  They would call the buyers in order of their d=
eposits and they could come pick the one they liked the best.  That being s=
aid, which green or any other color for that matter is exactly correct is v=
ery subject to discussion and objectivity. We can all probably agree to dis=
agree, but just because you bought your car new and it has original paint, =
doesn't mean that someone else's car can't have the same "correct" color bu=
t be a different shade.  When it comes to Sunbeam colors I feel that some o=
f the original colors need a little adjustment to really look good, please =
I know that may offend a few purists, I mean no offense, its just my person=
al taste.=20
>=20
>=20
verizon.net
>=20
>=20
>=20
=20

x.net
>=20
>=20
>=20
=20

------=_Part_19347_164388219.1578454108788

<!DOCTYPE html>
</head><body>Sunbeam contention over the true color of Forest Green is NOTH=
ING compared to Shelby Cobra debates on the true shade of Guardsman Blue.  =
OY!<br>
=20
=20
igers &#60;tigers@autox.team.net&#62; wrote:
>=20
      A well stated and logical conclusion. It also brings a sense of relie=
f being on 12/26/19 I stated, &#8220;
      <em>Like many things Tiger it might be that each color batch was slig=
htly different. And perhaps different UV exposure and even waxing treatment=
s alter the shade</em>.&#8221; And that simply based on a hunch given other=
 irregularities germane to Tigers. Perhaps rather than arguing about who ha=
s the #86 color supremacy of originality perhaps it can be seen as the &#82=
20;family&#8221; of #86&#8217;s and like with identical twins there are sti=
ll subtle differences.
uot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal;=
 DISPLAY: inline;">=20
        &#160;
         <b>From:</b>=20
rs</a>=20
         <b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, January 07, 2020 8:34 AM
         <b>To:</b>=20
=20
         <b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] British car colors from the 60&#39;s
       &#160;
uot;Calibri&quot;; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal;=
 DISPLAY: inline;">=20
       It looks like now the discussions on the correct green color has set=
tled down, I would like to add a comment based on dealership employment bac=
k in the early 70&#39;s.&#160; These comments apply to all the popular Brit=
ish marques.&#160; In the early 60&#39;s thru late 70&#39;s the paint blend=
ing did not have the accuracies that exist today, that being said paint mix=
ed in the morning probably didn&#39;t match exactly paint mixed in the afte=
rnoon after a &#34;2 Pint&#34; lunch.&#160; The sales staff at one dealersh=
ip I worked at would always comment on a load of 7 cars that were all order=
ed the same color, but none were the same, especially the BRG ones.&#160; T=
hey would call the buyers in order of their deposits and they could come pi=
ck the one they liked the best.&#160; That being said, which green or any o=
ther color for that matter is exactly correct is very subject to discussion=
 and objectivity. We can all probably agree to disagree, but just because y=
ou bought your car new and it has original paint, doesn&#39;t mean that som=
eone else&#39;s car can&#39;t have the same &#34;correct&#34; color but be =
a different shade.&#160; When it comes to Sunbeam colors I feel that some o=
f the original colors need a little adjustment to really look good, please =
I know that may offend a few purists, I mean no offense, its just my person=
al taste.&#160;=20
et/archive
end@verizon.net
ox.net