Re: [Tigers] Brakes biting

To: Jay <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brakes biting
From: Jeffery Randall <jefferyrandall@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 17:44:18 -0400
Cc: Tiger List Serve <tigers@autox.team.net>

--00000000000026fe1d05dd817be4

You have a differential lock on that? Chirping while turning?

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 5:34 PM Jay via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
wrote:

> I=E2=80=99m starting to suspect the hoses more.  There was another incide=
nt that
> was a bit different, and now that I think of it, points more to the hoses=
.

> As I said before, as I was coming to a stop, with my foot on the brake, a=
> the last second before coming to a complete stop, it seemed the brakes bi=
> a little harder - like I pushed the brakes a tiny bit, even though I didn=
=E2=80=99t
> at all.
>
> My initial assumption was that there was a bubble in the rubber hose,
> increasing pressure.  But I discounted that since it stopped immediately
> when I lifted the pedal.  When I have heard about this before, I recall
> that the bubble kept the pressure up even after the pedal was released.
> But every situation is different.
>
> This other incident was also at very low speed, just after I lifted the
> brakes and was coasting forward, I got a feeling like I was taping on the
> brakes repeatedly and the wheel was chirping.  It was very strange.  I
> don=E2=80=99t know the details to give more help on that.
>
> One other factor, I have braided stainless hoses, that are smaller OD and
> ID than stock rubber hoses.
>

> > On Apr 24, 2022, at 12:28 PM, Jay <jay.laifman@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On my drive today, I first noticed that when slowing to a stop, at the
> very last moment before stopping, the brakes seemed to have an extra bite=
.
> I didn=E2=80=99t notice anything at speed or during braking.  Just that l=
ast
> moment.  But once I lifted, it always stopped.  Then at one point, it
> seemed like it was biting a bit more.  Again, the second I lifted off the
> brakes it was fine.
> >
> > Thoughts?
> >
> > This is with stock brakes and servo.
> >
> > I almost want to say that it is only one front wheel.  But I=E2=80=99m =
not
> sure.  That would suggest caliper or hose.  But when those stick or bite,=
> don=E2=80=99t know that they release the second the pressure on the pedal=
 is
> released.

--00000000000026fe1d05dd817be4

l_attr">On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 5:34 PM Jay via Tigers &lt;<a href=3D"mailt=
ckquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left=
-width:1px;border-left-style:solid;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);paddi=
ng-left:1ex">I=E2=80=99m starting to suspect the hoses more.=C2=A0 There wa=
s another incident that was a bit different, and now that I think of it, po=
ints more to the hoses.<br>
As I said before, as I was coming to a stop, with my foot on the brake, at =
the last second before coming to a complete stop, it seemed the brakes bit =
a little harder - like I pushed the brakes a tiny bit, even though I didn=
=E2=80=99t at all.=C2=A0 <br>
My initial assumption was that there was a bubble in the rubber hose, incre=
asing pressure.=C2=A0 But I discounted that since it stopped immediately wh=
en I lifted the pedal.=C2=A0 When I have heard about this before, I recall =
that the bubble kept the pressure up even after the pedal was released.=C2=
=A0 But every situation is different.=C2=A0 <br>
This other incident was also at very low speed, just after I lifted the bra=
kes and was coasting forward, I got a feeling like I was taping on the brak=
es repeatedly and the wheel was chirping.=C2=A0 It was very strange.=C2=A0 =
I don=E2=80=99t know the details to give more help on that.=C2=A0 <br>
One other factor, I have braided stainless hoses, that are smaller OD and I=
D than stock rubber hoses.=C2=A0 <br>
&gt; On Apr 24, 2022, at 12:28 PM, Jay &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jay.laifman@gm=
ail.com" target=3D"_blank">jay.laifman@gmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; On my drive today, I first noticed that when slowing to a stop, at the=
 very last moment before stopping, the brakes seemed to have an extra bite.=
=C2=A0 I didn=E2=80=99t notice anything at speed or during braking.=C2=A0 J=
ust that last moment.=C2=A0 But once I lifted, it always stopped.=C2=A0 The=
n at one point, it seemed like it was biting a bit more.=C2=A0 Again, the s=
econd I lifted off the brakes it was fine.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; Thoughts?<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; This is with stock brakes and servo.<br>
&gt; <br>
&gt; I almost want to say that it is only one front wheel.=C2=A0 But I=E2=
=80=99m not sure.=C2=A0 That would suggest caliper or hose.=C2=A0 But when =
those stick or bite, I don=E2=80=99t know that they release the second the =
pressure on the pedal is released.<br>
m.net</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers"; rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"htt=