Re: [Tigers] Brakes biting

To: Jay <jay.laifman@gmail.com>, Tiger List Serve <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brakes biting
From: Wayne Pierzga via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 15:10:23 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=none; dmarc=none; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=yEShdPmxiLkO8WFiPzR27yTZu79zBZvKB6AQU9OSkTE=; b=NsAEYu9wO/CSwJwU2DLyqUoOCB579ROgUumj5Jq1s2PhP2e3K7iAKbJeFBy6oRvXf1NLfKxBZY65fVMONjUuznmgra/BvolSlrDEYyzR5b5FI/OWWjGT+1H8ba+irKyeCGJKD9RELqPesem+r8haR4tkfk4HvTLYeqVG/NMI+BBAWpi50oMybLAGBxMx+zQAP04HNokQ4e6Nil3/4Xrr4JlXKswFLHcBxBMMS3fnikDIqzQ1COLJLaC8Jwi9Kb3NhqvDJ4Xutl6ZhaRaVhnXDYoBwj/SgIPJw0zYdNELmihob+P/h4RTnFfIGpil3j2rOp8S85ik1OslDEQJQLEnyw==
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=yEShdPmxiLkO8WFiPzR27yTZu79zBZvKB6AQU9OSkTE=; b=Mh8fO0ykbkMNhXw7f8f+qRsHSo4nVxagM8w9p/oxS4+RrMGUzJ+SwGSQ3rCy4lWASiZDU5EBa9g1f2jPOScPtoBblGHjF2dtitUQGVw9FQvd3T1cpX1XIQqqCo3N2dhsoSy7AcUfFYAHsid5ymqGr83pOwxcc5jA/AAT+jN8uUh3F72o36PCLYjNk8trWoMy6cd8X1dqlN4Dn3a0gB2EJJZEk6bkdalCFqWndSUc744s0A2qHAj44rxyJSotkST0Y8ReIxJT4MzDuj1KAjIG4/+SmAlt3iOGeDUToGACiil5CLtj35JqZbPNRn9XHPHOTcQGm6E5oYSJMLOBMryBlQ==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=NqPBPYavPnj00R6xfay2SNwL8K1wTBQOqeP0k/8yR10EYkAQ0DmRmU9pi/My0nN4Jzetdl+W7p+UMZBfAz5lTWjyQaJPUehkP6W5PXPLMg6icjtsttHm203yXK6GZMAGd7IxXVvqLq6/0jCoYW66OW1RNpYf5J4mhsfqC3D0L3jLxze0TSxxUQQEaKkfJcQrT0UQ1hNB8WIXuc37OapG9RwLm7UMK595H1JU2hcBzpsNCsDGxwdqk5ztahh4/523yGODR3cYP42sbeurWhZvTMp8JO/umsVjPiYKdrGp5vkyL0ip8QzGeJUvPZhiT0oPc51f4xzw+ECvgD+JhBE47g==
Hi Jay

I was not aware you were using SS braided flex lines. If I recall these use a
'plastic' tube to carry the brake fluid. I donâ??t think these tubes
delaminate/collapse like OEM rubber as they deteriorate.

So, I have another suggestion you may want to investigate. Is there an in-line
vacuum check-valve between the carb and brake booster? If so this may be
sticking and could be the source of the intermittent problems you describe.

Cheers
Wayne