Re: Q - TR3 alternator conver...

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Q - TR3 alternator conver...
From: DLMAssoc@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 1995 21:10:35 -0500
Chris: I second what TeriAnn wrote, as regards there being little need to an
alternator in a TR3.  Over the past 28 years of owning TR3s (total of 8
different examples, up to 4 at a time) I haven't seen a problem with a
properly functioning stock electrical system.

That said, I'm in the process of butchering my '63 TR4 with all sorts of
non-standard stuff (but no alternators yet) because someone before me
butchered it already.  It's amazing what a little rationalization can do for
one's sense of what's right.  I wouldn't do it to a TR3, but TR4s are fair
game....

In my opinion, if it's a fairly original piece, or can be easily returned to
original, I'd keep it that way.  Otherwise, what the hell, go for it.

Don Marshall
'57 TR3 (Martha)   '62 TR3-B   '63 TR4