Stoneleigh triumph day

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stoneleigh triumph day
From: bennek01@bh.bbc.co.uk (Keith Bennett)
Date: 22 Feb 95 01:19:08 EST
Dear All,
          Just a brief report on the above event which I attended on
Sunday.
This was the first such event to be run, although the organisers (Moss)
had previously run MG one day shows along the same lines. Despite this
and the fact it was a cold and wet February day there was a massive
turnout. The show opened at 10am and by 11am I could hardly get from one
side of the hall to the for the crowds. The emphasis was very much on
autojumblers and traders although most of the UK Triumph clubs were
represented.
     I was on the Club Triumph stand, and although I didn't meet anyone
from SOL, I did meet a guy from the States who had brought his TR6 with
him and wanted to know where to get a new carbon canister (whatever that
is, something to make it go slower?). I told him to throw all that away
and convert it to UK spec with a decent Lucas injection system but he
didn't seem to appreciate that, I suppose you can't please everyone!
     We had the unexpected bonus of being awarded the prize for best club
stand, with the Stag owners 2nd and the Standard Motor club 3rd. All in
all it was a very worthwile weekend and it seems certain that the
organisers will be running it again next year.

(p.s. When I write that I don't know what a carbon canister is I am
joking, and do not intend to start a long and pointless thread on their
virtues, and will deny all responsibility should such a thread arise!)

Keith Bennett
                                   65 TR4A
                                   67 Herald conv
                                   63 Herald 12/50