GT6+ Diff From Kipping

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6+ Diff From Kipping
From: LESNYD@ccmail.monsanto.com
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 95 11:01:06 cst
I have a quote from John Kipping for a 3.27:1 differential for my 1969
GT6+. It reads:

   Supply without exchange
   No Rear Casing
   New Seals & Bearings only for Quarter-shafts
              #200.00 plus delivery

What does this mean? Apparently it's not a complete diff. I have the dead
one from my Wyoming adventure, so exactly what will I need, and what does
this include?

Thanks much.

PS - I'm considering this because of the low-frequency grinding noise coming
from the back of the car. I presume it's the diff. The U-joints SEEM OK,
although the left one is squeaking when cold...

Larry